Saturday 30 April 2016

Entry 12

Readings Continued



Organising space. Apparently this is a key aspect in the composition of a photograph. This reading was about the frame of a photograph and what it contains. Much like mise en scen of a play or a film scene.

This reading brings up certain challenges for me. I think it is difficult for beginners like me to accurately know how to place a subject in a frame. What should its size be and what should surround it. Symmetry is something which I think I can achieve though. 


Another thing this reading taught me is the importance of location of the subject in the frame with the example of the big orange circle in the black background. I will consider this for my project. The 4th image where the orange ball is in the top left and cropped signifies closure. I always had trouble wondering how to get closure in a photographic essay. Hopefully this knowledge will now help me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment