Saturday 30 April 2016

Entry 5

Flash and Light Photography

I had heard that this technique of photography is quite difficult and needs immense practise and also there seems to be a lot of math involved with this technique like the inverse square law. Then there is the aperture which is equal to f/number. While I haven't understood much of this I have understood that flash is used to illuminate a dark scene or to capture a moving object like a person walking or a car.

I don't think I will be employing this technique because we are supposed to take 6--8 photos and place them in a sequence and I think the sequencing takes away the need of clicking a series of photos of a moving object. As far as the light goes I plan to take my pictures in broad daylight without any overcast conditions and also in open areas. So I don't really think that I would be needing flash photography.

I think flash photography has drawbacks and most of it is attributed to the fact that it is tough. More often than not we see a section of the photograph as a bright white i.e it is merely reflecting back the light of the flash gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment