Monday 2 May 2016

Entry 25- Project Development 5

Reasons and explanations of some of the main photos. They could be a part of the essay.








 Image 1- This is an image of a large area where a building was demolished to build a new one. This is in Old Steine. Why this? Yes, to show destruction aka collateral damage. This is what superheroes can do. Bam. All you see is rubble.

 Image 2- Ambulance near Old Steine. Bless my luck. That day thanks to the marathon I got a lot of the things I wanted. I have more shots of the same ambulance with the first aid staff around it but they technically weren't helping anyone. So i chose this image because it hides most of them. I just want to signify the fact that help is there in this city. We do not need superheroes.


My favourite set of images. Here I used burst mode to click him walking past me in front of that dome monument. Why is this my favourite? This photograph I believe can grow to be the main one in my photographic essay as it shows both man(with his infant child) and manmade monument as well as elements of Nature like birds and trees. And every one of those stand to be at risk in the presence of a superhero


 Image of a modern day building. A really beautiful building. I plan to show this and then the demolished area in my first image to create a contrast. The contrast would be to say that this is what we have and that demolished area is what we would be left with; due to collateral damage.


Finally, images from the marathon. Specifically of people shown helping and the first aid guys. I could not get good enough photos in this case. However the first image in this set of 3 images in my opinion is quite metaphorical in my theme. It shows that everyone can be a superhero. From the athlete to the people helping them by keeping water bottles ready; everyone can make a contribution to the society.

No comments:

Post a Comment